MFJ Issue No. 3 (Winter/Spring 1979)
- Bartone, Richard, "Notes on Four Films by Rudy Burckhardt," pp.126-30.
- Buchsbaum, Jonathan, "Composing for Film: The Work of Bill Brand," pp. 55-61.
- Carroll, Noel, "Toward a Theory of Film Editing," pp. 79-99.
- Dozoretz, Wendy, "Films of Martha Haslanger," pp. 119-21.
- Eisenstein, Sergei and Sergei Tretyakov, "Expressive Movement," trans.Alma H. Law, pp. 30-38.
- Fischer, Lucy, and Bill Judson, "Independent Film in Pittsburgh," pp. 100-08.
- Gordon, Mel and Alma H. Law, "Eisenstein's Early Work in Expressive
Behavior: The Montage of Movement," pp. 25-29.
- Hagan, John, "Through Cinema to Cinema: A Conversation with Richard
Foreman," pp. 5-24.
- Hanlon, Lindley, "Sensuality in Charmed Particles: Part IV of The
Adventures of the Exquisite Corpse, a Film by Andrew Noren," pp. 109-12.
- Hoberman, J., "Ernie Gehr's Geography," pp. 113-14.
- Kelly, Keith, "The Sexual Politics of Rosa Von Praunheim," pp. 115-18.
- Kiernan, Joanna, "Two Films by Malcolm Le Grice: Dejeuner Sur
L'Herbe, After Manet, Giorgione, etc. and Blackbird Descending (Tense Alignment)," pp. 62-71.
- Murphy, J. J., "Reaching for Oblivion," pp.122-25.
- Stam, Robert, "Numero Deux: Politics, Pornography and the Media," pp. 72-78.
- Weinbren, Grahame, "Six Filmmakers and an Ideal of Composition," pp. 39-54.